- Outdoor Pool Rules
- Authorized Family and MWR patrons (in accordance with AR 215-1; Table 7-1, 24 Sep 2015) may utilize Family and MWR Aquatic facilities.
- All adult patrons and minors must present photo identification upon entering facility.
- Children 12 years old and under as Family members must be actively participating in the same activity and under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian. Children may be participants in a special program organized by Child & Youth & Services, Schools, or other authorized youth organizations.
- One parent/guardian may bring a maximum of six (6) children at one time (special accommodation letter available for households with more than 6 children).
- Swimming is a high-risk activity; no more than two (2) children between the ages of 0-6 years must be accompanied by 1 parent or guardian. Continuous, watchful, and responsible supervision (within an arm’s length) with children 0-6 years are in a pool, wading pool or playing with standing water must be provided at all times. *This also includes any child needing to utilize a flotation device regardless of their age. No more than two children can be accompanied by 1 parent or guardian.*
- Military ID card holders can bring guests. Picture Identification must be presented for verification. Absolutely no refunds will be given.
- Guests are the sole responsibility of the sponsor. Guests must remain with the Sponsor during the entire duration of their use of the facility (AR 215-1, 7-1 d).•Outside coolers or food may be brought into the facility (NO GLASS CONTAINERS).
- All patrons must wear swimsuits appropriate for public appearance. No thongs, sports bras, basketball shorts, nylon shorts, underwear, cut-offs, or denim shorts are permitted. All suits must be lined. Light colored t-shirts may be worn over swimsuits. PT shorts are permitted.
- All patrons must shower before entering the pool.
- Subsurface or extended long breath holding is NOT allowed.
- Organized PT is prohibited.
- Persons with skin disorders, bandages, open wounds, eye, nose, or mouth discharge may be refused entry to the facility.
- Absolutely NO running, horseplay, or obscene language permitted within the facility.
- Rafts and toys are permitted in the pool at the discretion of the lifeguard on duty.
- Children may wear Coast Guard approved life jackets in the Leisure pool.
- When using flotation devices, the child must be within one arm’s length of an adult at all times.
- No diving permitted in the Leisure pool. Diving is permitted in the deep end of the Lap pool.
- No glass containers allowed on the pool deck. Outside food or drinks are permitted.
- No pets are permitted in the pool area at any time.
- All swimming pools are off limits when closed.
- Tobacco use of any kind is prohibited.
- Lead Lifeguards have the authority to issue guidance on anything not covered in the Pool Rules/SOP.
ADULT SUPERVISION IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES. PLEASE WATCH YOUR
CHILD CAREFULLY. LIFEGUARD SUPERVISION DOES NOT REPLACE
PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITY TO WATCH YOUR CHILDREN.
- Smith Fitness Center Aquatics Complex
Smith Indoor Pool is located inside of Smith Fitness Center and available for Military ID Card holders and their dependents at no cost. Please have your Military ID ready at the sign in desk to enter the pool area.
The lap pool features a three lane, 125,000-gallon pool that is 25 meters long.
The 2,000-gallon hot tub is available during open swim hours.
Winter Season Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Friday: 5 – 7 a.m. + 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. + 5 - 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. + 2 – 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Briant Wells Indoor Pool
Briant Wells Pool: Lap swim is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Pool hours may vary due to scheduled military training. Visit the facility's information board for the most up-to-date schedule.
Starting October 11, Lap Swim will be available: if Military Training is booked on the days we are open, no lap swim is available.
Please contact James Parke at James.email@example.com to reserve Briant Wells Indoor Pool for military training.
All reservations must be submitted least two weeks in advance.
- Breezeway Pool: Closed for the season
Closed for the season
Georgia summers are HOT! Enjoy it at the Breezeway Complex, the installations premiere recreational outdoor pool and the Breezeway lounge; the Breezeway complex also includes a toddler area, slide, splash pad, rock wall feature and more. We open the pool season on Memorial Day weekend and end it Labor Day with the following hours of operation:
CONCESSIONS AVAILABLE: When you need a break from swimming, reenergize yourselves at the concession stand! Stop by the snack counter within the pool lobby for cold treats, convenient snacks and chilled beverages.
Youth swim lessons are available, call Parent Central at +1 (706) 545-2079 to register.
- Carey Pool
Lap Swim will close on October 6. Please visit Briant Wells Pool for Law Swim starting October 11.
Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
Federal Holiday: CLOSED.
No reservations are required and lanes will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be aware that Carey Pool is occasionally reserved for military training, so lanes may be unavailable.
Look for the helicopter!
Carey Pool is located off Sightseeing Road, behind the Infantry Bar/Main Post Recreation Center near the intersection of Eckel Avenue. This 600,000 gallon, Olympic-size pool, with zero-depth entry and a 5,000-gallon toddler pool, has a rock wall, diving boards, a splash pad and more.
- Adult Swim Lessons
Can your swimming skills use a boost? Adults can reserve one-on-one lessons with our experienced staff to be a better and confident swimmer. Open to all skill-levels, sessions are one-hour and cost $150 for five lessons. Lessons will prepare Soldiers for Ranger School, the German Armed Forces Proficiency Badge and other swimming tests. This offer is valid for ID cardholders ages 18 and up. Session dates, times and locations will vary and will be disclosed during registration. To register or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (706) 844-5766.
- Youth Swim Lessons
- Host a Party at the Pool
Host a pool party at the Breezeway! Send out those invites and grab your floaties, the Breezeway Pool now offers an indoor, air-conditioned party room with direct access to the pool deck. It’s the perfect way to escape this hot Georgia heat when it’s time to cut the cake. Reservations are available during regular hours of operation for $50 and includes a 2-hour reservation for up to 25 guests. Additional hours are $15 per hour, and additional guests (up to 25) can be added for $15. To reserve, email email@example.com or call at +1 (706) 844-5766.
- Lifeguard Training
We offer a 2-year lifeguard certification, which includes the American Red Cross certification, first aid, CPR and AED, for MWR patrons 15 and older. The cost is $175. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Military Training and PT Reservations at Carey Pool
All reservations must be submitted least two weeks in advance. For more information, email James.email@example.com.
We have two indoor pools and two outdoor pools here on Fort Moore. Please check hours of operation below. We offer a number of classes and programs including swim lessons, fitness classes, lifeguard training and Water Safety Instructor certification.
For information on the Aquatics Program program, call +1 (706) 545-1400.